Did you know that Nearmap recently celebrated ten years of capturing reality on the ground across Australia, New Zealand, and the U.S.? We can’t believe it either!
To mark the occassion, we held a charity auction of some of our favourite images, below, and raised over $25,000 for beyondblue, a charity dedicated to helping everyone in Australia achieve their best possible mental health.
Here are a few highlights from Nearmap’s first decade:
- We took our first capture (200 square km) on 1 November, 2007, in Perth
- We now capture 1.5M square km each year — enough to cover all of California, NSW, and Victoria
- We've taken 465M individual photos, comprising 2.5 petabytes of storage
- These photos have been processed to produce 20 billion web tile images
- We regularly capture 90% of Australia's population and 70% of the U.S., and are expanding our NZ capture program this year to include the top 13 cities, plus Queenstown
- Over 72,000 users use Nearmap every day
- We're ranked in the AFR Fast 100 2017 and are an Esri Best New Content Partner 2017
Of course we couldn’t have gotten this far without our amazing customers, who surprise us every day with their innovative uses of our aerial imagery.
Not content to wax nostalgic, we kicked 2018 off by announcing the highest-growth half financial year in our company’s history.
The first half of FY2018 ended with a combined Australian and U.S. annualised contract value (ACV) of AUD $54.2M, showing incremental growth of $7.2M over the prior half.
And on the product front, we just launched the new version of our MapBrowser web app, providing a clean, straightforward interface that allows professionals to work more intuitively with Nearap imagery. We're also continuing to work hard on our 3D processing pipeline, which will enable the generation of 3D reconstructions for commercial and governmental use on an unprecedented scale.
We can’t wait to see what the rest of 2018 — and our next decade — will bring. ✈️